Canaries!!

Canaries!!
Loving on my Canaries (Fall 2013)

Saturday, August 30, 2014

So long, Florida!

So, I've just finished packing. That was quite the ordeal! It's so hard to know exactly what I'll need for 4 months and manage to get it all packed into 2 40lb suitcases. But, I did it! I even had few pounds to spare, and if you know me you know that's a big deal! I probably still over packed like I always do, but at least I'll be prepared! :)

I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow! It still doesn't quite feel real. Maybe it'll hit when I board the plane to Guatemala alone for the first time. Or during my layover in an unfamiliar airport. Or maybe it won't set in until I'm actually there without the familiarity of the same hotel I usually stay in and the same people I'm usually accompanied by. I don't know when it'll finally set in that I'm really doing this and I'm actually going to be on my own in Guatemala for the first time, but I know that when it does God will be there. He will comfort me when I'm scared and give me strength when I'm overwhelmed. He will give me love, hope, and joy every day that I hope to pass on to everyone I meet. He'll be right by my side every step of the way and I can't wait to see how He changes me through this experience!

Even though I don't know exactly what I'll be doing over the next few months, I know God has it all planned out for me and He will be with me always.





I'm getting ready to head off to Guatemala in the morning, but I am still in need of donations to cover all of my living expenses while I'm there. If any of you would like to help, here's how you can:


1- Donate via PayPal using the Guatemala Fund Donation link here on my blog.




3- Donate directly to me in person or via mail (message me on Facebook for my address).


4- Purchase any Mary Kay product from my mom (Lisa Freeman) before September 30th! 25% of proceeds will go directly to support my trip to Guatemala. Visit the Facebook page for the fundraiser here or visit my mom's Mary Kay page (www.marykay.com/lisalfreeman11) where you can place an order or contact her directly for more information or with any questions you may have.



Please keep me in your prayers over the next four months! I'm sure I'll need them :) Thank you all so much for your love and support! If you have any questions at all about my trip to Guatemala or what I'll be doing, please don't hesitate to ask! You can leave a comment or contact me via Facebook.


You can keep up with my fundraising progress as well as my trip updates right here on my blog.

So long, Florida!

Love Always,
Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment