Canaries!!

Canaries!!
Loving on my Canaries (Fall 2013)

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week One

Hey guys!

So I've been here for a little over a week now and I'm having a great time! I've moved into a different room in the hotel where I'm staying. I'm now downstairs where I have a much larger room and a reliable internet connection!

I've been working at the school with the English class since Friday and it's going really well. Currently, as the assistant, I am helping the primary teacher give the lessons and keep the students engaged. It's not without its challenges, but that comes with the territory of working with children. The kids are really sweet...and I might already have a few "non-favorites" (shh...don't tell anyone). This week I will also begin working with the other school run by the same organization where my friend is the English teacher. I will be splitting my time between the two schools so that I am able to assist the teachers at both schools. I'm really excited to be able to work in both places and get to know all of the kids. I can't wait to see how God is going to use me here!

Recently I began my online course to become certified in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). It's going really well so far and I hope to have it finished within the next 2 months, so I'm going to be pretty busy! Once I am finished I will not only be certified in TEFL, but I will also have a special certification in Teaching Business English as well as Teaching English to Young Learners which I am very excited about!

Thank you all so much for all of your prayers and support! Here are a few things you can be praying for me about:
  • That God places me exactly where He wants me to be every day and that I will grow closer to Him throughout my experience here
  • That everything continues to go well in the schools
  • That I will stay motivated to finish my online course quickly
  • And that I raise the remaining funds that I need to get me through December

Thank you again! I am so blessed to have you all in my life. :)
Love Always,
Rachel

P.S. If any of you would like to donate to help me raise the remaining funds, here's how you can:


1- Donate via PayPal using the Guatemala Fund Donation link here on my blog.




3- Donate directly to me via mail (message me on Facebook for my address).


4- Purchase any Mary Kay product from my mom (Lisa Freeman) before September 30th! 25% of proceeds will go directly to support my trip to Guatemala. Visit the Facebook page for the fundraiser here or visit my mom's Mary Kay page (www.marykay.com/lisalfreeman11) where you can place an order or contact her directly for more information or with any questions you may have.


Please keep me in your prayers over the next four months! I'm sure I'll need them :) Thank you all so much for your love and support! If you have any questions at all about my trip to Guatemala or what I'll be doing, please don't hesitate to ask! You can leave a comment or contact me via Facebook.


You can keep up with my fundraising progress as well as my trip updates right here on my blog.

Love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to hear from you Rachel. May you learn lots, teach lots and be Blessed lots!

    ReplyDelete