Canaries!!

Canaries!!
Loving on my Canaries (Fall 2013)

Monday, September 15, 2014

Independence Day!!! (And Week 2 Update)

Today is Independence Day in Guatemala, so, naturally, we had a parade at school! All the kids came dressed up and ready for the parade. Each class had a different ethnic group they were representing and their outfits reflected that group. They were absolutely adorable! Here are a few pictures:

Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption

Add caption
Add caption

Add caption
Getting lined up and ready to go!
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption

It was a fun, but exhausting day! Now I'm ready to shower and take a nap!


So I've been here in Guatemala for 2 weeks now and it's going so well! I'm now splitting my time between both schools run by NiƱos de Guatemala. I love getting to be a part of the English program in both schools and seeing the differences and similarities between the two schools. But, with over 300 children attending the schools, I have got a LOT of names to learn! I'm thinking about breaking out the masking tape and a sharpie and labeling them all until I can remember their names, haha!

My online TEFL course is going well. It's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm hoping to finish up be the end of October, so please keep me in your prayers for that!

If any of you would like more information about what I'm doing or how you can support me, please contact me via Facebook or email me at RachelinGuatemala@gmail.com.

Thank you all so much for the love and prayers!!
Love Always,
Rachel

P.S.  I am still fundraising so if you feel led to donate, here are some ways you can do so:


1- Donate via PayPal using the Guatemala Fund Donation link here on my blog.




3- Donate via mail (message me on Facebook or email me for my address).


4- Purchase any Mary Kay product from my mom (Lisa Freeman) before September 30th! 25% of proceeds will go directly to support my trip to Guatemala. Visit the Facebook page for the fundraiser here or visit my mom's Mary Kay page (www.marykay.com/lisalfreeman11) where you can place an order or contact her directly for more information or with any questions you may have.

As always, you can keep up with my fundraising progress and trip updates here on my blog. And, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment