Canaries!!

Canaries!!
Loving on my Canaries (Fall 2013)

Saturday, September 21, 2013

The moment I have been waiting for...

Finally, the time has come! Today is the day I will be reunited with my kids. It has been 9 months since I was last at the malnutrition center and I am so glad to finally return to my heart's home! There will be some familiar faces and many new faces and I can't wait to get to know each and every one of them!

I can't even express how much I have missed this country: the atmosphere, the people, my friends, the malnutrition center, the nannies, the kids, just everything about it! The past 9 months have been so long without seeing those kids every day and I cannot wait to be back!!!

I'm at the airport having breakfast with Cierra and Howie! Our 2 ½ hour flight will arrive in Guatemala at 11:55 AM (1:55 PM in Florida). When we arrive we'll go through customs, have lunch at Pollo Campero, and make a stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things...then we'll be on our way to the center! In just a few hours I will finally be in the place my heart has been longing for since I was last there...and time can't go by fast enough!!

Thank you all so much for your love, prayers, and support! I'll post another update later on!
Love Always,
~Rachel~

No comments:

Post a Comment