Canaries!!

Canaries!!
Loving on my Canaries (Fall 2013)

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 1 in Miami

So, my first week here has been pretty busy, but really fun! I have learned a lot about the inner workings of Orphan's Heart and I am really enjoying it a lot...plus I get to work with some pretty awesome people :)

This week I got to help out with a ton of things, including helping send two teams off on missions trips. On Tuesday I was at the airport with a team headed to Uganda to get them all checked in. I got to meet some great people on that team and hear a little about the missions in Uganda...and now I want to go there!! Maybe next summer ;) On Saturday I helped send a team off to Guatemala. I got to see Dulce, a friend I met last December on a trip to Guatemala, plus I got a surprise visit from Howie and Marvina when Karina and I were having breakfast at Don Pan!! It was great to see them all again and to help see the next team off to take care of my babies at the malnutrition center. Can't wait to be back there myself to see them all in just 7 weeks!

Ron and Cynthia have been awesome! They are both out of town at the moment, but they have made me feel very comfortable in their home and I am so glad to have them in my life. I am really enjoying my time here in Miami. I haven't been able to explore the city much yet, but I'm getting more comfortable driving around (well, only on US 1 and Kendall Dr., but those are the main roads where I'm at so pretty much everything I'd need to go to will be on one of them) so maybe I will be doing that soon. I have gotten a little lost a few times, but I found my way, no thanks to all the construction near the airport.

I'm looking forward to checking out Christ Fellowship Church tomorrow...although I will miss Braden River. It's a really big church (7 campuses!) so it will be a very different environment for me, but we'll see how it goes. Thank you all for your prayers :)

Love Always,
~Rachel~

No comments:

Post a Comment